How to connect Bluetooth headphones to PS4? Can you connect Bluetooth headphones to PS4? It’s a very valid question since Sony’s PlayStation console has connectivity restrictions similar to Microsoft’s Xbox platform. In today’s article, I will cover this all-important issue and help you to connect wireless headphones to PS4 and allow you to fully immerse and enjoy the gaming world.
So without any further delays, let’s continue to the next section and find out the answer to the question of if you can use Bluetooth headphones on PS4, and how to connect headphones to PS4, if linking the two devices is even possible at all.
So without any further delays, let’s right into today’s discussion of how to use headphones with PS4…
How to Connect Bluetooth Headphones to PS4
Can I connect Bluetooth headphones to PS4? The answer is yes. But just like Microsoft’s Xbox One, the developer of the Sony PlayStation Four has not officially released the wireless devices it is compatible with.
And just like its major competitor, you will only determine that it is not compatible with your console and why don’t Bluetooth headphones work on PS4. Anyway, let’s take, for example, that the Bluetooth headphones work with PS4. Here are the following step-by-step process you have to take note of—
- First and foremost, turn on the Bluetooth headphones
- Press the pair button until it’s blinking rapidly blue, green, and blue. And if you’re not sure how to connect PS4 headphones, you can always check the user manual that comes along with it
- And then, turn on your PS4. And once it’s turned on, just refer to the console’s settings which are located in the PS4 menu
- Select the Devices tab
- Select the Bluetooth Devices tab
- And once you have done so, your Bluetooth headphone brand should be within the list available for pairing
If your Bluetooth brand doesn’t appear, you can restart either the headphone or console.
How to Use Bluetooth Headphones on PS4 Controller
You can utilize your PS4’s Bluetooth connectivity if your headphone brand and model are not compatible with the console. And if you are opting for this method, just follow the succeeding steps to link the Bluetooth headphones and PS4 controller—
- For this method, you will need an audio cable
- Turn on the PS4 console with the audio cable, and then turn on the Bluetooth headphones afterward
- And then, go to Settings located in the PS4 menu below your screen
- Go to the Devices tab
- And then, click on Bluetooth devices and select your headphone profile name
- The next thing you have to do is go to the Audio Devices in the Menu tab
- Click on the Output Device
- And then, select the Headset Connected to Controller
- Lastly, go to the Output to Headphones, and then choose the tab description All Audio
The issues we’ve tackled all involved headphone connectivity, but what if the microphone doesn’t work? Why won’t my headphone mic work on PS4?
Well, the good news is that the audio speakers and microphone of the Bluetooth headset are linked. What this means is that as soon as the speakers worked, this should also be the same case with the microphones.
Why Doesn’t PS4 Support Bluetooth Headphones
The reason the PS4 ceases to support some Bluetooth brands and models is that the A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) of the console is lagging by 100 to 200 milliseconds. So that’s the answer why can’t you use Bluetooth headphones on PS4.
Sony has only restricted the wireless connectivity recently. The persistent issue of minor lags was observed by several gamers around the globe as it affects the overall gameplay. The A2DP is basically the audio wireless connect system of the console. It is still embedded in PS4s, but it is highly regulated by supporting only a few brands and models to link to the gaming system.
One of the best brands you can try and have a better chance of linking with any gaming consoles, you can try soundcore Life Q35, which is equipped with advanced Bluetooth technology.
Aside from its connectivity capability, it is also equipped with a multi-mode noise-canceling feature and high-resolution sound quality that should improve your overall gaming experience.
Again, Sony has not officially released the list of brands and models it is not compatible with. And you may have to experiment with different brands if you don’t mind spending money. But if you’re unwilling to do so, you can employ the solution I have relayed in the previous section.
Frequently Asked Questions about How to Connect Bluetooth Headphones to PS4
Now, the following are some of the commonly asked queries on the subject matter of how to connect Bluetooth headphones to PS4—
Does Any Wireless Headset Work with PS4?
Many commercialized Bluetooth headsets today aren’t compatible with Sony’s PlayStation Four. And finding the compatible device may be a challenge until you have actually tried to pair them.
The good news is that it’s not a hopeless case. You may have to use your PS4 controller and audio cable in order to successfully connect them with your Bluetooth headphones.
Can I Pair AirPods to PS4?
Yes. You can connect Airpods to PS4 by using a Bluetooth dongle or cable with audio functionality. You also have to bear in mind that AirPods are not a dedicated portable gaming audio system.
What this indicated is that the capabilities would be limited. But if you are not bothered by such instances or would only be using them for movies or social media, then, by all means, you can use your AirPods on your PS4 console.
Which Bluetooth Devices are Compatible with PS4?
Some examples of the Bluetooth brands and models you can check out are as follows—
- The PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset (CECHYA-800 model)
- PULSE Elite Wireless Stereo Headset (CECHYA-0086 model)
- Gold Wireless Stereo Headset (CECHYA-0083 model)
- Platinum Wireless Stereo Headset (CECHYA-0090 model)
- New Gold Wireless Headset (CECHYA-0080 model)
I hope today’s discussion has provided you with the answer to the issue of if I can use Bluetooth headphones with PS4. As discussed, PS4s does have Bluetooth capability, but they have restricted it in recent years due to lagging issues experienced by many gamers. If you are unable to link them, you can use the methods I have mentioned regarding how to connect Bluetooth headphones to PS4.