Do you want to know how to connect Bluetooth speaker to TV? Today, many TV brands come with in-built Bluetooth features. However, some TVs lack the feature and therefore you’ll need to check your device user manual for the feature and verify that it can connect with your Bluetooth speakers. Adding an extra speaker to your TV is a nice way to create a home theater environment for your enjoyment. However, many users are reluctant to add more speakers fearing that they will add more wires that create a tangled mess. Fortunately, you can use Bluetooth speakers without adding any mess. Read on to learn how to connect Bluetooth speaker to TV in a few simple steps.
Can I add Bluetooth speakers to TV?
Yes, you can easily add Bluetooth speakers to TV and this guide will show you how to connect Bluetooth speaker to smart TV. You will also learn how to connect Bluetooth speaker to TV without Bluetooth as well as how to connect Bluetooth to old TV. However, there are a few things that you must bear in mind when connecting Bluetooth devices;
- Your TV Bluetooth connection will only allow one Bluetooth speaker at a time.
- Wi-Fi speaker connection will be unavailable when using Bluetooth connection.
- You may experience device compatibility issues because some Bluetooth speakers are designed to connect only to mobile devices and not TVs.
- You may lose connection due to the distance between the TV and the Bluetooth speaker.
To add Bluetooth speakers to TV, you need to ensure that both TV and speaker Bluetooth features are turned on and that your speaker is discoverable. Is this a little confusing? Do not worry because we are going to show you this shortly. If you do not have a smart TV, we are also going to show you how to connect non smart TV to Bluetooth speaker.
How to Connect Bluetooth Speakers to Smart TV
You will find out that how to connect Bluetooth speaker to smart TV is easy and mostly straightforward. If you are looking for steps on how to connect android TV to Bluetooth speaker, follow these ones;
- Switch on your Bluetooth speaker and put it in pairing mode. If you are not sure how to do this, consult your Bluetooth user manual to understand how to power on your speaker and put it in pairing mode. This means that you must put your Bluetooth speaker in discoverable state, soyour TV can sense the existence of your speaker.
- Switch on your TV and head to Network Settings.
- Select Bluetooth then Add Device depending on your TV model.
- Look for and select your Bluetooth speaker. You will get a list of discoverable Bluetooth devices here and your speaker will be listed here.
- Enjoy your little home theater.
In many cases, these simple steps on how to connect Bluetooth Speaker to TV will work. However, in some instances, you may not be so lucky. Some of the reasons for this may include the following;
- Your TV does not have a built-in Bluetooth network feature.
- Your TV has a low-level signal for Bluetooth that limits audio connection.
- The two devices are not compatible.
How to Connect Bluetooth Speakers to TV that Don't Have Built-in Bluetooth
If your TV does not have a built-in Bluetooth, then you need to learn how to connect Bluetooth speaker to old TV or how to connect non smart TV to Bluetooth speaker. To do this, you need to add a low-latency Bluetooth to your TV by investing in and using a Bluetooth transmitter. This transmitter connects to your TV through a 3.5mm audio-out jack, USB, optic or RCA jacks. The steps on how to connect Bluetooth speaker to TV without Bluetooth will be as follows;
- Look for a button on the Bluetooth transmitter and press it to put the device in pairing mode.
- On your Bluetooth speaker, press the button that corresponds in order to pair it with the transmitter.
- When your Bluetooth speaker is added ad activated on your TV, make the connection and enjoy your home theater.
When buying Soundbars, be careful because some of these may have Bluetooth features but are solely designed to be used through third party apps such as Alexa or Roku TVs.
How to Connect Bluetooth Speaker to TV with Aux Cable
Do you know how to connect Bluetooth speaker to TV with aux cable? You can connect your Bluetooth speaker directly to your TV using 3.5mm port wired connection. Doesn’t this beat the logic of using a Bluetooth speaker in the first place? Not really. If your wired speaker allows Bluetooth capabilities, you can use it as a base station to connect even more devices to your home theater.
Recommended Bluetooth Speakers for TVs
Are you looking for the best Bluetooth speakers for your TV? Here are some of the best in the market today;
soundcore 3 is your choice of Bluetooth speaker if you love high-quality stereo sound, custom EQ, BassUp technology and 24-hour playtime. The speaker also comes with pure titanium diaphragm drivers and is waterproof.
FAQ about How to Connect Bluetooth Speaker to TV
Can I connect Bluetooth speaker to smart TV?
Yes, you can connect your Bluetooth speaker to your smart TV by pairing the two devices together using TV settings.
Can I connect Bluetooth speaker to old TV?
Yes, you can connect Bluetooth speaker to an old TV that does not have Bluetooth using a Bluetooth transmitter device.
What are some of the recommended Bluetooth speakers in the market?
soundcore provides some of the best Bluetooth speakers in the market today. These include Flare, Flare Mini and soundcore 3 among others.
It is possible to add additional speakers to your TV using Bluetooth speakers and Bluetooth features installed in your TV. However, you need to learn how to connect Bluetooth speaker to TV. Fortunately, we have provided you with a simple step-by-step guide on how to connect Bluetooth speaker to TV even when your TV does not have an in-built Bluetooth feature. We hope you found this post helpful, and that you take advantage of this great technology soon!